Vienna - full-time or part-time
We are looking for a digital designer to join our team in Vienna. In this role you will work with our global online team and help us develop campaigns including newsletters, banners, graphics for social media and other digital channels. We are looking for a motivated individual, who has fun spreading Lomography’s way of life, has an eye for simple and effective design and is interested in photography.
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international venture.
Our snapshots are characterized by vibrant colours, surprise effects and pure spontaneity. We have over a million creative members across the world and invite you to let loose, ignite your inspiration and to catapult your shots around the globe through our online platform. Whether you’re a complete novice or a seasoned pro, everyone can harness the photographic power to create something incredible. Don’t think – just shoot!
- Craft visually appealing and brand-consistent designs for our brand websites, online stores and social media including banners and other key visuals
- Design and code our B to C and B to B newsletters
- Ensure the content created can be localized in multiple languages
- Conceptualize and create materials which resonate with the brand and marketing campaigns or product launches
- Translate print graphic designs to digital media use
- Work closely with our copywriter to create compelling promotional materials
- Curate and work with our large pool of analogue photography from the Community around the globe
- Maintaining and improving our digital archive
- In-depth knowledge of current design programs, in particular the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of design fundamentals: iconography, layout, hierarchy, typography, color, etc.
- Passion for latest design trends
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a big plus
- Previous experience in UI and UX is a plus
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
- Able to take a project from concept through final execution
- Ability to work with a team and a fast-paced environment
- Creative and open minded, detail-oriented and well organized
- Interest in photography and particularly analogue photography
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the Lomography legacy and to interact with a large community of creative individuals
- Test all the Lomography gear you ever dreamt of and more
- Be part of a young, international team who loves to occasionally hang out after work
- We always work on interesting new projects, so there’s never a dull moment
- A lomographic welcome package & employee discounts
- Full-time (part-time schedule negotiable)
- Start date: as soon as possible
- According to collective agreement this position will be paid with a minimum gross salary of 14 × EUR 1.945 per month, including social benefits, plus employee benefit fund deposits. Depending on qualifications and experience, overpayment is of course possible.
- Please note that this job requires EU-citizenship (mind transitional provisions), citizenship in the European Economic Area, Swiss citizenship, or a standing access to the Austrian labour market and make sure to include the relevant information in your application!
If you are looking for a young and dynamic organization and are interested in a position where you can develop your skills and take over new responsibilities, apply here to join the Lomography Team or by sending your application (resume, portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org and please wait to be contacted by us.
Vienna has been declared the most liveable city in the world by Mercer and three times by The Economist; we couldn’t agree more! International, affordable, culture all around, this city has a lot on offer. From countryside vineyards to summer swimming spots, with plenty of old Viennese cafes around to sit and read after visiting one of the many art spaces. Also voted as World's Greenest City, you can easily while away your spare time at one of the many city parks. The Lomography HQ is located in the lively 7th district (Neubau, the namesake of one of our cameras) where all the analogue magic happens. There’s a camera shop on every corner and its historical architecture houses many independent boutiques and record stores in a cool urban environment. What’s more, the extensive public transport makes everything just a stone's throw away!
What we do at Lomography
We’re committed to keeping analogue alive and helping our international Community capture the curious world we live in. We offer an ever-expanding range of experimental analogue goodies including innovative films, cameras, instant products, lenses & photographic accessories on our Online Shop and through a global network of retail partners. In addition to selling analogue gear, we publish daily tipsters, tutorials and interviews in our online Lomography Magazine and host a Community Site where Community members can upload their images and interact with over 1 million fellow Lomographers worldwide.
What we stand for
The Lomographic Society International is a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography. Our team comes together from all over the world and we are all different. It’s really important to us that everybody feels welcome at Lomography. We think diversity is a strength and inclusion should be meaningful in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
What working at Lomography is like
We offer jobs in various departments with quick promotion opportunities and a wide range of benefits, not least access to all the fun Lomography gear you could ever dream of! English is our working language amongst a friendly team comprising over 15 different nationalities – everyone has a place at Lomography! Each of us brings something new to the team and we all share a common passion for photography. Every career path is unique and offers the opportunity to gain new perspectives and knowledge.
Where can you find us?
With our HQ in Vienna and subsidiaries located in London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Manila – you can choose the destination of your dreams. We're happy to help you when relocating to any of the places that you’re drawn to and wherever you end up, our international team works together so you will be able to engage with colleagues and Community members from all around the world.
How do you apply
Don’t be shy! Browse through our job postings and feel free to tell us all about your passions, strengths and experiences. Feel free to share your photos with us if you are an analogue enthusiast or any other creative project that you think we might find interesting. Let us know why you want to contribute to Lomography’s legacy and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll aim to get back to you within one week with our feedback!
Which team fits you
We have several different in-house departments including marketing, design, programming, copywriting, product development, finance and administration. We strongly believe in training talents in all areas and you will definitely learn something new at Lomography. Rest assured: we will find a department that fits your ambitions!
What the hell is Lomography?
Established in Vienna in 1992 as an artistic movement – fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity – today, Lomography designs, manufactures and distributes analogue cameras and accessories to photographers around the world. We are a creative and globally present company with our headquarters located in Vienna, along with various subsidiaries all over the world.
More Open Positions at Lomography (see all)
- Wholesale Marketing Internship - Australian Market Vienna - Internship
- Business/Market Developer – Asia Pacific Hong Kong – FULL-TIME
- Product Designer Hong Kong - full-time
- Online Marketing Intern for the South Korean Market South Korea - Traineeship
- Full-time Lomography Representative – Vietnam Vietnam - Full-time
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, Lomography is always on the lookout for motivated people to join our team. Send your resume to email@example.com and let us know what role you’d be interested in.